1. Practice Posture-Posture is a developmental process, meaning that the more that you stay in a certain position, the more that you’re going to remain in that position. That means that good posture is something that you have to constantly practice. Posture largely affects the amount of strain that you’re putting on various parts of your body, so making sure that you’re sitting up straight while you’re at your desk can be the difference between a healthy back and unpleasant bi-weekly visits to the chiropractor.
2. Get the Exercise Going-Stretching regularly and exercising is a great way to loosen up your body, making it more malleable to your good habits. You’re relieving stress centers that exist in your body, providing your posture with the relief that it needs to make you look and feel great. By exercising, you’re protecting your body from stress that can cause chiropractic problems. It’s not only good for your chiropractic health, though. Exercise is going to improve your overall health, improving every part of your life, including both your body and your mind.
3. Watch Yourself at Work-If you want to stay on top of your chiropractic health, you need to make sure that you’re watching yourself during your workday. Ideally, you’re going to want to make sure that you’re never sitting for more than forty-five minutes at any given time. Make sure that you get up and walk around for a little bit, it’s going to keep you loose and make sure that you continue feeling great.
Unless you’re in a job that requires it, you should be cutting out as much heavy lifting from your lifestyle as possible. If you can’t, make sure that you’re utilizing the proper lifting techniques to prevent potential injuries from occurring. Lift with your legs, not with your back, and if you have to carry something heavy, don’t put all of the weight on just one shoulder, or you might get shoulder pain, which can result in even worse problems.
4. Avoid Bad Sleeping Habits-One of the easiest ways to cause back problems is to sleep on it incorrectly. In order to get the spinal health you want, make sure that you never sleep on your belly, and on your back if you can. Your mattress should be more firm than soft, and you should have a contoured pillow that will fit your neck correctly while you rest. If you don’t do this, you might start experiencing the back pain that millions of Americans are already experiencing.
If you’re falling asleep on the couch at night, make sure that you’re not using the arm of the sofa as a pillow, as this can strain your neck substantially, causing you to need some serious chiropractic work. Try to sleep on your side with your knees bent and a pillow between them. Not only is this a very comfortable position, but it’s also the best position for your chiropractic health.
5. Wallet in the Front Pocket-There are many seemingly harmless things that you can do to practically ruin your chiropractic health, but among them, having a wallet in your back pocket is probably the worst. Having something constantly digging into your posterior is not only uncomfortable, but it also throws off the entire alignment of your spine, making it almost impossible for you to retain the good chiropractic health habits that you want to have. Make sure that you don’t keep anything in that back pocket, it’s more for decoration on your pants anyway. You can be sure that your lower back is going to thank you for it.
Practice Chiropractic Wellness-Chiropractic wellness is a simple matter of practice. Catch yourself next time you’re at your desk and notice that you’re slouching. Discipline yourself to get out and exercise whenever you can. Cut out the lifting, and make sure that you avoid all of the bad sleeping habits. These are all tips that can prevent chronic pain from becoming a problem in your body. By practicing all of these, you substantially reduce your risk of experiencing pain, which can take several chiropractic appointments over a matter of weeks to fix.
If you want to stay flexible, reduce your stress, and prevent a myriad of disease, you need to stay on top of your chiropractic health. The only way to do that is to have regular appointments with a chiropractor who has a plan that’s based on your specific chiropractic needs. From physiotherapy, to spinal adjustments, your chiropractor has a plan for you. What do you do when you’re not with your chiropractor? How do you stay on top of that chiropractic health in the interim? Here are a few tips that you can use in your everyday life to improve your chiropractic health so you can stay on top of things between the appointments that you have with your chiropractor.
Provided by: Premier Chiropractic & Wellness